Wednesday, 3 March 2010

First Post

Ooh, how exciting! Not sure about the title of this blog as it's not especially witty or entertaining - you want to get your blog off to a good start - but it's accurate. Ok, I'd best get my introductions over and done with. My blog name is Indigo Montoya. Why, you ask? Well, there are 2 reasons: 1. The Princess Bride is one of my favourite books and its screen adaptation is also one of my favourite films. Inigo Montoya is my fave character in the book/film (closely followed by Wesley of course). He rocks. 2. Blue happens to be my favourite colour. Now, i'm fond of most colours apart from Orange (shudders) but Blue is by far my favourite. It's the colour of the SEA, the SKY. Those are lovely things & I associate blue with those lovely things. It's a calming colour, you know? So, to give my blog a bit of a personal stamp, I tweaked Inigo Montoya's name (I'm sure he won't mind) & have decided to call myself Indigo Montoya. Indigo is of course a shade of blue. Someone tried to convince me that it's a shade of purple. It's not. I've just checked and unless my Oxford English Dictionary is lying to me it's a dark blue. My real name, in case you were wondering, is Hannah. I'm from Birmingham, England. I've decided to write a blog simply because my friend has one and I want one. Jumping the bandwagon, I know. I don't think I'll be using this blog as a diary. Instead, I'll use this place to rant about things that annoy me, rave about what I love & to discuss various things about my life. There really isn't much else for me to say! Oh, I apologise in advance for any spelling mistakes and typos that I'm sure to make at some point in the course of my blogging. Bye!

4 comments:

extremely flammable said...

Well yes Indigo is often considered a shade of blue, but I'm sorry it has definite purple undertones. And as blue is a primary colour it cannot have any other colour mixed in with it, because then it wouldn't technically be blue anymore. So Indigo is by definition a purple. I cannot stress how strongly I feel about this issue! Totally in agreement about orange though.

Indigo Montoya said...

Woah, woah, woah! Are you questioning the reliability of the OED?! This will not do, extremely flammable, this will not do! Well, I do like Purple as well so I'm perfectly happy to be named after a blue (it's STILL a Blue to me, ok?) with purple undertones. That's perfectly fine with me.

extremely flammable said...

Ha! OED schmOED. What do they know about colour mixing? For the sake of harmony I'll agree to put the indigo dispute behind us. I'm still right though. And nothing you say will ever convince me otherwise. By the way HOW did you get that picture to appear? I've been trying to figure out how to add pictures for ages.

Indigo Montoya said...

You click onto Customise (you'll see it on the top right hand corner), then Layout, then click on 'Add Gadget'. Scroll down till you see Picture. Then you can add a picture from your computer or from the internet. Voila!