Wednesday, 23 February 2011

The Quick Guide To My Book Reviews

I was going to use this post to discuss my take on the Cosette-Marius-Eponine love triangle in Les Miserables which I've been meaning to do for a while but I think I'll leave that for later on in the week. I'll just use this post to give a quick explanation of my book reviews. If anyone ever comes across my Visual Bookshelf page on Facebook they'll probably see that I like reviewing the books that I read. Generally I try to review a book straight after I've read while it's still fresh in my mind. Sometimes I'll go back to reviews that I've already written though to make a couple of extra points. Anyway I suppose if you couldn't be bothered to read all of my reviews (and some are quite long!) here's a quick rundown of them. If I've given a book...

5/5 - I love it!
4/5 - I like it
3/5 - I think it's OK
2/5 - I don't like it
1/5 or less - I hate it!

If a book has a half star rating in it (e.g. 3.5/5 or 4.5/5) then that will mean that I couldn't quite decide what to give it basically. A book that would have a 4.5/5 rating for example would be a book that I don't think is fully deserving of a 5/5 - perhaps because it has a few minor flaws - but is too good for me to give a 4/5.

No comments: