Friday, 28 September 2012

The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey (Trailers)

These are trailers from the other upcoming film that I'm really looking forward to. Don't they just look brilliant? I see Les Miserables as being my birthday present and The Hobbit as my Christmas present  : )





The things that get me excited about them:


  • The music
  • Seeing the Shire again!
  • That brief glimpse of Elijah Wood and Ian Holm as Frodo and Old Bilbo
  • Martin Freeman as Bilbo. I think he'll be brilliant. 
  • Seeing Ian McKellen, Cate Blanchett and Hugo Weaving as Gandalf, Galadriel and Elrond again.
  • The comedy! It looks like it's going to be funnier and more light-hearted than The Lord of the Rings, which is true to the more light-hearted tone of the book. I especially love the shot of Bombur making the table collapse in the first trailer!
  • Seeing Aidan Turner as Killi. He's well fit : )
  • Seeing James Nesbit as Bofur. I think he's a really underrated actor and it's great that he's going to be in such a big film. 
  • Seeing Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield. He's a great actor and it's awesome that he's got such a big part. A shame that they've toned down his extremely good looks but I grudgingly accept their reasons for doing so!
  • The song that the Dwarves sing. Richard Armitage is a great voice and I love how haunting the song sounds. Whenever I read the poetry and songs in The Hobbit and LOTR I always imagined them as sounding like this, as being haunting and beautiful.
  • I can't wait!

No comments: