Saturday, 17 November 2012

10,000 Blog Views!

Wow I've gotten 10,000 page views on my Blog! 10,103 blog views to be precise. That sounds like quite a lot to me but since I've had this Blog for 2 years and there are Blogs that get well over 10,000 page views a DAY this is still a small amount. I don't mind though. I'm happy with that. I've never set out to make a Blog with a massive following. I just wanted to start a Blog because I liked the idea of writing and thought a Blog would be a nice way of expressing my interests. But if you've read my Blog before - or even if this is your first time - then thank you for reading because I really do appreciate it. I hope you like my writing style and please feel free to leave comments. I enjoy talking to people online and reading comments. I don't get as many of them on this Blog as I'd like. Even if you disagree with one of my reviews then let me know because I'm happy to debate with you, just as long as you're friendly!

My most popular posts of all time are:

1. Merlin (Series Four)
2. Hitchcock (2013): a Rant
3. Merlin (Series Two)
4. Mamma Mia! (2008)
5. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
6. Notre Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo
7. Love Never Dies (Australian Cast DVD)
8. Phantom of the Opera (2004)
9. Pride and Prejudice (1995)
10. The Lion King (Musical)

I've got two Merlin reviews in this top 10. My Merlin reviews have obviously boosted traffic to my Blog quite a bit and I'm glad that people have read them. I'm not really sure why series two is so popular on the Blog though. I'd have have thought series one would be more popular (since it's the first series) or maybe series three (as it's one of the more recent). I think one of the reasons why Merlin series four is my most popular blog post though is because I've put up pictures of Morgana. I get a lot of people searching for "katie mcgrath morgana" on my Blog! I can see why though. Katie McGrath is stunning. I see my complaint about Andrew Garfield not getting cast as Anthony Perkins in the upcoming Hitchcock is one of my most viewed posts as well. Why on earth they didn't cast Garfield I don't know because they really do look so, so, so alike! It would have been perfect casting! Mamma Mia! is a popular post. I hope it's because people are looking for a rant about the film because if they love the film and they're looking for a glowing review then they'll be cruelly disappointed. My book reviews of the Lord of the Rings and Notre Dame de Paris is in the top 10 which I'm happy about. I do wish that my book reviews were more popular on my Blog I must admit. My reviews of the Love Never Dies DVD and the 2004 Phantom of the Opera film are in the top 10. I'm glad that two Phantom related posts are in the top 10 even if Love Never Dies and the 2004 film are two of my least favourite Phantom things. I've got decent viewings for most of my Phantom of the Opera posts but I can't wishing my Charles Dance review would get more views. That's probably my favourite Phantom film so if you love Phantom of the Opera then check it out! Rounding off the top 10 are my reviews of the BBC's Pride and Prejudice and The Lion King stage musical. The Lion King is currently touring the UK so I think that might be the reason why I've had a lot of viewings for it. The BBC's Pride and Prejudice is still the most popular adaptation of Jane Austen's book. I get much more viewings for that than the 1940 and 2005 films.

My biggest audience viewings of all time come from these countries:

1. The United States of America
2. The United Kingdom
3. Russia
4. The Netherlands
5. Canada
6. Australia
7. Germany
8. France
9. Brazil
10. The Philippines

I'm not surprised that most of these countries have English as the official language (USA, UK, Canada, Australia and the Phippines) or are countries where a lot of people speak it (Holland) because I do write in English. I've recently started learning French though so I might write the odd post in French every now and again.

Again, thanks for reading and I hope you like my Blog : )


No comments: