Monday, 1 July 2013

Keep Your Head Up, Keep Your Heart Strong...

I've realised that I don't actually talk about music all that much on my blog - apart from my love of various musicals. I really don't know why! I love music and my tastes are genuinely diverse! I don't just listen to showtunes as anyone who knows me would tell you. I'm going to attempt to rectify the lack of music appreciation on my blog. I'm starting with a post about Ben Howard. I was introduced to his music by my brother who'd heard some of his songs from Fearne Cotton's radio show (please don't let that put you off!) Then I bought his debut album Every Kingdom. It's a fantastic album and I've been playing it over and over again for months now. Ben Howard's music is brilliant and very folksy and if you love The Fleet Foxes and Mumford and Sons then I think you'll love Ben Howard as well. There's real emotion in his songs and they're just so soothing to listen to. He's also a great guitarist and he has a seriously sexy singing voice : ) I've got very high hopes about his second album and I really want to see him live.

The Wolves

Keep Your Head Up

Black Flies


Only Love


The Fear


Call Me Maybe - a cover version that is far better than the original : )


No comments: