Monday, 9 December 2013

My To-Read List for 2013-14

Since I'm one of those types that just loves planning things in advance and making lists here's my "To-Read List". If I've placed an R symbol next to a book that means it's a re-read. This list is intended to keep me occupied for the end of this year and the whole of the next - but in all probability I've been muuuch too ambitious and it might take up a good chunk of 2015 as well! Anyway, if you're interested in knowing what I'll be reading over the next year it's probably going to be one of those titles...

  1. Watership Down by Richard Adams R
  2. Longbourn by Jo Baker (FINISHED)
  3. Evelina by Frances Burney (FINISHED)
  4. Matched by Allie Condie
  5. Bleak House and Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (FINISHED)
  6. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
  7. Anansi Boys (R) and The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
  8. Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell (FINISHED)
  9. The Princess Bride by William Goldman R
  10. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame R
  11. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (FINISHED)
  12. Tess of the D'Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy R (FINISHED)
  13. Arabella (FINISHED), Venetia (FINISHED), Frederica (FINISHED), A Lady of Quality, Why Shoot a Butler?, These Old Shades (FINISHED) and Devil's Cub (FINISHED) by Georgette Heyer
  14. The Iliad (READ BUT DIDN'T FINISH) and The Odyssey by Homer
  15. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving (FINISHED)
  16. Death Cloud by Andrew Lane (FINISHED)
  17. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (FINISHED)
  18. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
  19. Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley (FINISHED)
  20. War Horse by Michael Morpurgo (FINISHED)
  21. Eragon by Christoper Paolini
  22. The Complete Stories of Edgar Allan Poe
  23. Mort by Terry Pratchett
  24. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys (FINISHED)
  25. Allegiant by Veronica Roth (FINISHED)
  26. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel-Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows R
  27. Coriolanus (FINISHED) and Hamlet (R) by William Shakespeare
  28. Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw (FINISHED)
  29. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley R
  30. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
  31. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak R (FINISHED)

5 comments:

Hamlette said...

LOVE IT!

Of those, I've read 6, 9, 10, half of 14 (only the Iliad), 15, 17, 21, 22, 26, half of 27 (only Hamlet), 28, 29, and 31.

Some of those are also on my to-read list: 1, 5, the other half of 14, 18, and 30.

Hannah said...

THANK YOU! I always love your feedback. Well, I love ALL feedback but I very much appreciate yours :)

It looks like you've read quite a few of the books that I'm planning on reading then. I'm impressed! Are there any books on the list that I should be very excited about?

Hamlette said...

Hmm. I'd say be most excited about "The Eyre Affair" (hilarious!) and "The Princess Bride" (hilarious too!). "Eragon" is enjoyable, and the series improves dramatically as it goes along. "Pygmalion" is fun too, especially if you're familiar with "My Fair Lady."

Hamlette said...

Oh, haha! I see now that "The Princess Bride" is a re-read for you. So you already know that one's awesome :-)

Hannah said...

Oh yes, I'm well aware of the awesomeness of The Princess Bride (the book and the film) :)