Wednesday, 14 May 2014

The Liebster Award

A blog tag :)

  • Thank and link back the person who nominated you. Thank you Monica over at Spilled Ink! :)
  • List eleven facts about yourself 
  • Answer the eleven questions asked by the blogger who nominated you 
  • Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (you can't nominate the blogger who nominated you)
  • Ask them eleven questions
  • Let them know of their nomination!

Eleven Random Facts:
  1. My blood type is O negative.
  2. I do sometimes use the term myself but I really don't like the fact that teenage novels tend to be called "YA" (Young Adult) novels now. It makes me feel old! 14 year olds aren't adults! I'm 26! I'm a young adult!
  3. I'm willing to read almost any genre of fiction. I won't read erotica or really gory horror novels but apart from that, anything goes. 
  4. I have a signed copy of Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys.
  5. My favourite word is "Euphoria". 
  6. My favourite places in Britain are Edinburgh, the Lake District, York, London and Bath. 
  7. I love the Hiddlesbatch (Tom Hiddleston & Benedict Cumberbatch) and Fassavoy (James McAvoy & Michael Fassbender) bromances :)
  8. I really want to see Asylum's Sherlock Holmes! It's supposed to be the Sharknado of Sherlock Holmes adaptations and it looks it!
  9. I'm really awkward during phone conversations. 
  10. Earl Grey is my favourite kind of tea.

The Nominated Questions:

1. If you could be any animal for a day, which one would you choose?
Well, it would have to be an animal that's at the top of the food chain for sure. I'd be rather annoyed if I got eaten on my one day as an animal. It would be nice to be a dog for a day because people tend to like dogs and my old dog had a pretty great life - but what if I was a dog in South Korea?! I think I'd quite like to be a bird - like a parrot. I'd get to fly around and parrots are at the top of the food chain aren't they?

2. Yoda vs. Gandalf, who would win?
Yoda would beat Gandalf the Grey but Gandalf the White would beat Yoda :)

3. What are a few of your favourite songs?
Wow, where do I start?! Er... David Bowie's Heroes (which was used to wonderful effect in The Perks of Being a Wallflower). Ben E King's Stand By Me. The Verve's Lucky Man. The Smith's This Charming Man. Kate Bush's Cloudbusting. I'm going to just stop there but I could go on forever!

4. Favourite Holiday?
Christmas!

5. Sorry for all the 'favourite' questions, they must be *so* boring. XD Anyhoo, what are a few books that you really love?
*They're really not!* Les Miserables, The Lord of the Rings, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell (I like big books and I cannot lie!), North and SouthAnna Karenina, Jane Eyre, The Princess BrideHarry Potter... I could go on and on and on. I have sooo many favourites! :D

6. If a total stranger told you to follow them, would you?
It would depend on the stranger - a policeman would be a stranger after all - but I'm thinking "no". 

7. At bedtime, do you go straight to sleep, or do you read a book or something first?
I usually try to read a book before going to sleep unless I'm feeling really, really tired.

8. Favourite composer?
I'm going to go with film composers for this question. Film composers that I love are Dario Marianelli, Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Howard Shore and Yann Tiersen (I've only heard his Amelie soundtrack but it's gorgeous!) I also love Ramin Djawadi's music for Game of Thrones.

9. What time of day do you feel like you work best in? If that makes any sense. :P
*It does make sense* I think I work best in the middle of the day because I don't think I really wake up properly until 10 o'clock. I've never been a morning person and I don't think I ever will be!

10. Text speech - saving time or just plain laziness?
A bit of both, I reckon. I can understand the logic of shortening some words to save some space and time but when it gets to the point where no-one will be able to understand your message that's just lazy. 

11. What's the farthest you've ever been from home? Geographically speaking.
I went to Mexico on a family holiday five years ago. Until I eventually get to do my dream trip to Australia/New Zealand that will be the farthest I've ever been from home.

My Questions:
  1. What are five countries in the world that you really want to visit?
  2. Are you a tea or coffee person?
  3. Are you an oldest child, middle child, youngest child or only child?
  4. Who are your fictional crushes?
  5. Is there anything that you didn't used to enjoy but have grown to love over time? E.g. a book, a film, a song, etc
  6. What is your favourite word?
  7. What scares you the most? For example: I'm most frightened of bugs.
  8. What is your guilty pleasure? I won't change the radio station if Little Mix comes on and I like a few Katy Perry songs, hehe.
  9. Is there a hobby you'd like to take up?
  10. What are some of your favourite book-to-screen adaptations?
  11. What is the best thing about having a blog?
I now tag (although no-one has to do this tag if they don't want to):

Yes, I know that the rules state that you should tag 9 but all of the other bloggers I follow already seem to have done this tag and I don't want to bother anyone with it. But if anyone wants to answer my questions then go ahead :)

2 comments:

Mònica said...

Oh neat, I like your questions! And good answer on my Yoda vs. Gandalf one. XD

Hannah said...

Thank you! I like my answer too tbh. I think I'm being fair to both :)