Friday, 14 November 2014

Happy Birthday, North and South (2004)!


It's the 10th anniversary of the BBC 2004 North and South adaptation today! The Elizabeth Gaskell novel is one of my favourite books and I adore this adaptation. I love it so, so much and every time I rewatch it I fall in love with it even more. It's a truly wonderful companion-piece to Elizabeth Gaskell's novel. Usually, even when I've really enjoyed an adaptation, I won't love it as much as the book it's based on but this adaptation is different. I love it just as much as Gaskell's novel! This miniseries is spectacular :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, ten years? It doesn't seem that old. I love it too! :D

Hannah said...

N&S is my favourite BBC miniseries :)

Did you see it in 2004 or later on? I didn't get to see it until 2008.

Sarah said...

I can't remember specifically, but certainly closer to 08 than 04. Possibly even after 08 by a little! It has such a great production quality to it though, I wouldn't have batted an eye if you'd said it was made in 2010!