Monday, 22 December 2014

Some Blogging Announcements

This will be a post to announce some of my upcoming blogging plans:


From 5th January 2015 I'll be participating in a read-along of Jane Austen's Persuasion which is being hosted by Heidi on her blog Literary Adventures Along the Brandywine (what a great title!) I've never done a read-along before and I'm getting quite excited about it :) I think I might end up re-reading the book by myself over the Christmas holidays but I'm looking forward to reading the book at a slower pace along with everyone else and I'm interested in seeing everyone's different responses to the chapters. I'm even thinking of buying a new edition of the book for the occasion! Now I do love my edition of Persuasion which is the Penguin Red Classics version...


I know the picture quality isn't great but take my word for it, it's a very lovely cover. But recently Vintage Classics have produced some new editions of Jane Austen's books and I really like their cover for Persuasion as well...


Usually I wouldn't allow myself to own more than one copy of a book but I really like this cover and I managed to find Lynne Truss's introduction to it on the Random House website. I loved it! I can't stand the 2007 ITV adaptation of the book so I found Truss's criticisms of that adaptation absolutely hilarious :D That settles it, I'm going to have to buy this book! In 2015 I'm also going to write my own personal list post of Jane Austen's novels, from my favourite of her works to my least favourite or possibly the other way around. I'm very fond of making lists and I'm currently re-reading my Jane Austen novels. I've already read Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice this year. I'm reading Northanger Abbey at the moment and I hope to read Persuasion twice after that. Then I'll be re-reading Emma, Mansfield Park and Lady Susan, The Watsons and Sanditon.


On 6th January 2015 it will be the birthday of Sherlock Holmes - how did they work that out though? - and I'll be answering a Sherlock Holmes tag on Hamlette's reading blog The Edge of the Precipice. I'm really looking forward to this as well. If you're a regular reader then this will be the first of many Sherlock Holmes-themed posts in 2015 because I'm going to be reading all of the Arthur Conan Doyle stories over that year and I want to finish off a review of The Great Mouse Detective at some point. Hopefully I'll be able to put the trailer for the Sherlock 2015 Christmas Special on my blog as well!

Some other things that I hope to finish off in early 2015 are:
  • a review of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (if I haven't finished it in 2014)
  • a review of The Fall (2006)
  • "Maintenance" stuff (basically making the blog look a little bit prettier)
There are a few other things that I'd like to write about but I'm going to keep quiet about them for now, just in case I don't end up writing about them. It saves me some embarrassment you see :D

5 comments:

Hamlette said...

Thanks for the shout-out for my Holmes party! I'm looking forward to all your reviews, Holmesian and Austenian and Hobbity :-D

Hannah said...

You're very welcome! And thanks for hosting the Holmes party and tipping me off about the Persuasion readalong!

Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net said...

Hee, I also have that Penguin Red Classics edition of Persuasion, but my those new editions they came out with recently are so pretty too! But I have too many editions of Persuasion now, I really shouldn't pick up another copy, lol (unless it's in Italian). Have fun with the readalong in the new year :)

Hope you had a lovely Christmas btw! :)

Hannah said...

I did thank you! I hope you had a great one too! I'm getting excited about this read-along although I hope that I'll find enough things to write about for the chapters.

Sarah said...

Oooh, looking forward to reading your thoughts on The Hobbit! And The Fall! I've been casually looking around for a copy of it ever since you recommended it, but it's playing hard to get. ;) I guess I need to search harder!