Thursday, 8 January 2015

A 'North and South' Vlog!

Guys, guys, guys! Do you know that North and South is one of my favourite things ever?! Both the Elizabeth Gaskell novel and the 2004 BBC miniseries?! Now someone has done a vlog adaptation and the first 3 episodes are really promising! The actress playing Margaret is really good and they've made Margaret a Richard Armitage fan which delights me exceedingly! :) In this adaptation Margaret ("Maggie") has moved to Canada so the web series is called East & West. I'm trying not to get too excited but *shriek!* There are certain things in North and South that might be really hard to adapt to the modern day (the riot, the mutiny) so I'm really hoping that they'll get these things right. Oh, I so want this to be good!


4 comments:

Manette said...

I want to read North&South so bad, and I can't find it ANYWHERE! >:( Of course there's always the possibility of online shopping, which I guess I'll have to do... And I guess it wouldn't make sense to watch this vlog till I know the book, but I couldn't resist taking a peek. I feel like I could be best friends with Maggie just based on her enthusiasm for Victorian literature xD

Hannah said...

What if I posted my own copy of the book out to you and when you finished it you could send it back to me? It makes me sad to think that you can't read a copy! If you're interested send me your email in a comment - I won't publish it! - and then we can talk about it some more. I'm glad you enjoyed the episodes! Very encouraging!

BanrĂ­on An Gheimhridh said...

Ahhhhhhh I can't believe I didn't find out about this until now! I've read the book and seen the movie, and I've wanted a N&S web series for the longest time. I can't believe it's actually happening! I'm so excited! After reading your post I went straight to Youtube and watched every episode uploaded so far. I think it's really promising. :D By the way, have you seen Nothing Much to Do? I just recently finished binge watching it and it was so good.

Hannah said...

I LOVED Nothing Much To Do! It's tied with The Lizzie Bennet Diaries as my favourite web series :D

East and West has been excellent so far! If it carries on being as good as it is it's going to be another one of my favourites. I can't wait to see Thornton although whoever they get won't live up to Richard Armitage in my eyes.