|(c) Lianne @ EclecticTales.com|
Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they've encountered during the week, etc)
1. Hello again, dear readers :) At the moment I'm currently re-reading an old favourite of mine - Arthur Conan Doyle's The Hound of the Baskervilles - and after that I plan on reading John Green's Paper Towns.
2. Not very long ago I watched the brilliant and very moving 2002 BBC miniseries Daniel Deronda. The miniseries was written by Andrew Davies, was directed by Tom Hooper (who did The King's Speech and Les Miserables) and starred Hugh Dancy, Romola Garai and Hugh Bonneville. I really loved this miniseries and it's made me much more interested in reading the George Eliot book :)
3. This is my approximate reaction to Eddie Redmayne getting confirmed as the lead in Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them :D
4. A new Northanger Abbey vlog has started today! Northanger Abbey is one of my top three Jane Austen novels and I've been wanting a vlog series adaptation of it for ages!
5. This means that we now have web series adaptations for all of Jane Austen's novels apart from Persuasion. I'm curious: does anyone out there think that Persuasion could actually work as a modern-day vlog series? As much as I love that book I really don't think it would and there are two reasons why I think this:6. On a sadder web series related note, I've found out that East and West has been cancelled because of one of its creators having mental health issues. E&W was a web series adaptation of Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South. The few episodes that it had were wonderful and showed a lot of promise. I wish the creators all the best and I hope that someone else will now make an attempt at adapting the book.
- The main reason why Mr Elliot pursues Anne is because he's after a landed title and that would be difficult to adapt for the modern-day. But at the same time I would hate for them to get rid of this subplot because I love how jealous Captain Wentworth gets of Mr Elliot.
- How on earth would they handle the letter scene?!
7. Agent Carter is finally getting shown on UK television! :) I've heard such great things about the show and hopefully this will mean that we'll get Daredevil soon.
8. Here's a trailer for a film I'm really looking forward to!
9. And another!
10. Over the past few Sunday nights I've been watching the BBC's adaptation of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. I'm a massive fan of the book - it's my favourite fantasy novel after The Lord of the Rings! - but I've got pretty mixed feelings on what I've seen of the miniseries so far. I'm really not happy with the portrayals of Lady Pole, Stephen Black and the Gentleman but I looove Enzo Cilenti's Childermass and Bertie Carvel's Jonathan Strange. Jonathan is adorable and hilarious and Childermass has the best exasperated facial expressions :D And I can't wait to see the Raven King. They'd better not mess him up or I swear *cracks knuckles*