Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. 10 is just a suggestion to aim for if you can hit it -- do a list of 3 or 5 or 20 on your list. Your post, your choice!

Today's Topic: 10 Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads (Or Ten Of The Best Books I've Read Recently if you don't do 5 star stuff... or you could do 5 of my latest five star reads & five of my most disappointing or 1 star reads)


Here are my Top 10 Most Recent 5 Star Reads with links to the reviews I wrote for them. This list is very similar to the Top Ten Best Books I Read in 2015 list that I put up at the end of last year but I'm happy that I have yet another opportunity to talk about the books that I've loved :)



In chronological order, the most recent reads first:

1. Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (2006, REVIEW)
2. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (1986, REVIEW)
3. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde (2001, REVIEW)
4. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (2008, REVIEW)
5. The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz (2011, REVIEW)
6. The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery (1926, REVIEW)
7. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (1953, REVIEW)
8. The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle (1902, REVIEW)
9. Summer by Edith Wharton (1917, REVIEW)
10. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (2007, REVIEW)


Have you read any of these? What are your most recent five star reads?

4 comments:

Lianne @ eclectictales.com said...

Not surprised to see some of these books on your list this week ;) (Mistborn, Howl's Moving Castle, The Name of the Wind, the Eyre Affair). I read The Graveyard Book years ago and omg yes definitely got a 5-star rating from me; all the feels at the end ;_; Summer didn't get a 5-star read from me, but it was still a riveting read, I felt bad for Charity. Great list!

My TTT

Leydy at OUAT said...

These are new to me but thanks for sharing.

Check out our TTT

Leydy @ Once Upon A Twilight

Captivated Reader said...

I haven't read many of the books on your TTT list this week. Time to add more book titles to my ever growing reading wishlist!! The one and only book I've read from your TTT list is The Hound of the Baskervilles.

Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/03/5-of-my-latest-five-star-reads-5-of-my.html

Hannah said...

Lianne - Yes! 'The Graveyard Book' is my favourite Gaiman novel and that ending is so bittersweet and beautiful! I had tears in my eyes when I last read it. All the feels indeed!

I really wasn't expecting to enjoy 'Summer' as much as I did but I found it absolutely fascinating and I loved Wharton's writing in it. I almost couldn't believe that it was written by the same person who wrote 'The Age of Innocence!'

Hi Leydy - Thanks for stopping by :)

Captivated Reader - Thanks, I'm always encouraged when people look into books that I've recommended :)