Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. 10 is just a suggestion to aim for if you can hit it -- do a list of 3 or 5 or 20 on your list. Your post, your choice! Really, it's just a starting off point. We realize 10 can be hard and we don't at all always expect it. And we always thumbs up anyone putting a different yet related spin on the topic to make it work for them!

Today's Topic: Top Ten Favourite Covers of Books I've Read

I'm sharing some of my favourite book covers in this post so it's all about the eye candy for today!:D Now I think all bookworms know that we technically shouldn't judge a book by its cover but in practice this is something that I tend to do quite a lot as I love pretty book covers and I'm a big believer that a beautiful book cover can really enhance the enjoyment of a book. And much to my satisfaction, I've also found that book covers seem to have gotten better over the past few years! I think the rise of the e-reader has forced book publishers to step up their game...

1. The Penguin Red Classics editions of Emma, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (Illustrated by Kazuko Nomoto).
2. The Court of Thorns and Roses saga by Sarah J. Maas (Illustrated by Adrian Dadich).
3. Katherine by Anya Seton (The Accolade by Edmund Blair Leighton).
4. William Shakespeare's Star Wars by Ian Doescher (Illustrated by Nicholas Delort).
5. The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman (Photograph by Malgorzata Maj).
 

 

6. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (Illustrated by Dave McKean).
7. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (Only a Lock of Hair by Sir John Everett Millais).
8. The Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (Illustrated by Sam Green).
9. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (Illustrated by J.R.R. Tolkien).
10. Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness (I'm not sure who does the UK covers to be honest, I tried to find out...)


 


Do you own any of these? Which of these book covers do you find prettiest? What are your favourite book covers? :)

5 comments:

Gennifer Eccles said...

I actually don't own any of these but sure want to! I absolutely love the covers for the Mistborn trilogy and the Hobbit! I don't have any idea which book covers are my favorite; there are just too many beautiful ones to pick from. :) Great list Hannah!

Susan said...

Very striking book covers! I have THE GRAVEYARD BOOK, but that's it from your list.

Happy TTT!

Katie Edwards said...

I used to have a print of "The Accolade" (cover of Katherine) on my wall all through my time at uni. It is beautiful.

Chrystal said...

I haven't read ACOTAR yet, but that cover is my favourite on your list!

Hannah said...

Gennifer - Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I hope that you'll soon have The Hobbit and The Mistborn books to adorn your bookshelf! :)

Susan - Thanks, I hope you had a happy TTT as well!

Katie - Hello again! :D The Accolade is certainly better than anything that I had on my uni walls. I think I just had various band posters...

Chrystal - Thank you! ACOTOR is great and its sequels are even better! :)